Thursday 13 January 2011

Triple H talks about his WWE return

The February 2011 issue of WWE Magazine features Triple H on the cover and talks about his return to WWE TV, focuses on him being a headliner at WrestleMania 27. Here are some highlights:




HHH on top guys leaving and new guys stepping up, and whether it affects him:

"It does. I'd been in the ring a million times with a lot of the guys who left. Now, when you look at Wade Barrett or The Miz, these are guys that I've never been in the ring with. Do I know them? Sure, I see them all the time, but from an in-ring standpoint, I just know them the way everybody else knows them. I've never had my hands on them."



His upcoming return:

"If I can't do this the way I feel like I should be able to, then I want to be done. And I don't want to come back here and tarnish that. I don't want to do the nostalgia run where I come out and say I'm the greatest in the world."



Wanting to be that guy:

"There was a time when I would have argued that I was the best in the business. When I don't feel like I can perform at that level, I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to be just a guy in the ring. I want to be the guy in the ring."



How his next run will differ from his previous runs:

"In the past, my goal was just becoming WWE champion or World Hvt. champion. But, there's a certain time when you get beyond that. Shawn moved beyond that... I don't have to be contending for a championship. Undertaker doesn't have to be in contention. We've moved beyond needing a title to prove that we're the best. That's where I am now. (John) Cena will eventually be there."



Triple H went on to talk about how he and The Undertaker are the last two veterans left in the WWE locker room. He mentioned how there were "20 veterans and three green guys" when he started and "now, you walk into our locker room and there are 30 green guys and two veterans."

No comments: