Thursday 13 January 2011

Sunny - Where are they now piece on WWE.com


WWE's latest "Where Are They Now?" feature is on the original Diva, Tammy "Sunny" Sytch. The first part of the feature talks about Sunny's early days in her career. Part two will be released tomorrow. Here are some quotes from WWE's website:


On being the first Diva:

"My definition of a Diva is that all-around, well-rounded performer. The girls who came before me were so one dimensional and then I came along and anything they threw at me I could do. I could get in the ring and have a match, I managed at ringside, I co-hosted TV shows, I did broadcasting, I did the modeling. I was the first one."

On getting into wrestling:

"Even though this wasn’t the thing I wanted to do with my life, it was a pretty easy thing to pick up. I’m a smart girl. You can show me a few Bobby Heenan or Sherri Martel tapes and I know what to do. And I had Jim Cornette as my mentor."

Being a part of The Bodydonnas in WWF:

"I loved it. I got to go out there and be my snotty little brat self, which wasn’t hard to be. Nothing was holding me back."

Her WWF career stalling in 1997:

"They were kind of at a loss of what to do with me. I wanted to be active, but my main job at the time seemed like modeling 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin and Undertaker T-shirts."



No comments: