Friday 28 January 2011

Miz Interview Highlights

The Miz was recently interviewed, here are highlights:

You've told the story before about when you first came to the WWE that there were various people in the locker room who were not very supportive of you. What is the locker room like now when it comes to you and where you are at this point of your career?




The locker room is great now. It's completely different because a lot of those veterans are gone, that old school mentality is kind of gone and it's a whole new school kind of attitude and feel. It's fresh, it's new, it's exciting and the locker room is pretty good. I mean, obviously, you still have a couple of jealous, wandering eyes who see me and see that I have the title. Obviously, everybody wants that. Everybody wants my spot so I have a target on my back which is fine. I'm more than willing to have a target on my back. The fact is, you're going to miss every time because I'm still going to be the WWE Champion for a very long time.



You talked about how you changed your look and how important that has been for you. Please explain to me the popularity of John Cena and him still being able to wear jorts (jean shorts)?



I know. How do you wear jorts? That style left in the 80's or the 90's and he just keeps trying to being them back and the poor guy has no style. I mean, he has ugly purple and orange and whatever shirts he comes up with but the kids love it. The kids can wear exactly what we wears. Let's face it, there's no bigger I guess you can say than John Cena besides me. If you can get away with wearing jean shorts nowadays you must be pretty confident in yourself.



Have there been any particular guys in the WWE that have helped influence you? For me, I think I see some characteristics in you from Chris Jericho and various things he did. Did he influence you or was there anyone else that did?



Yeah, I still talk to Jericho a lot. When he came back that last time, that really influenced me a lot as well as Shawn Michaels. I've always been a big fan of The Rock. Those guys kind of influenced me as well as working with John Cena. Last year, I had a whole program with John Cena. Working with him taught me a lot at what I had to get, where I had to go to become a top talent in the WWE and become a main evener.

No comments: