Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sabu Interview HIghlights

ECW Original Sabu spoke with The Poughkeepsie Journal this weekend. Here are some highlights:


How much are you still wrestling nowadays and what have you been up to?



I still wrestle a couple of times a week. I go to Japan tomorrow actually. England in about a month. I was in Mexico a couple of months ago. I’ve got a lot going on.



You still enjoy it? You still love getting in there?



Not as much as I used to. A couple of weeks ago, I wrestled in Indiana in front of about seven people. I swear to God. And there was no heat. I swear to God, it sucked.



What promotion are you wrestling for in Japan?



It’s called Smash. The boss there and the top guy is Tajiri.



You had a WWE run that ended in May of 07 that might have surprised some people.



I don’t think it surprised people. I think they were surprised it lasted that long.



What were your thoughts on that run and getting to run with a lot of the ECW guys and get back in the national spotlight?



It started out OK and then it turned sour. I don’t know what to say without hurting somebody’s feelings. They didn’t want me to be me. They wanted me to be somebody else. I was already somebody for 20 years. The main thing for me, and the bait for me to stay as long as I did was they were supposed to put my uncle (The Sheik) in the Hall of Fame, which they did, and I wanted to do at least one WrestleMania, which I did.

No comments: