Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com, looking at last night's RAW. Here are some highlights:
- Thought the cold open to the show featuring Undertaker/HHH was on the money and edited well. WWE TV folks do a marvelous job with their video features. IMO the Taker-HHH match could efficiently be promoted via video packages of the two future WWE HOF'ers greatest moments in WWE.
- Keep an eye on Brodus Clay. I think that he can be something special and him manifesting that particular 'it' is on him and how well he maximizes his minutes on TV. He's a big, monster of a man who mentally seems to 'get it.'
- Congrats to Sunny on being named to the 2011 WWE HOF class. She really started it all with the risqué, Diva personification and portrayed a very effective 'bad girl.' One might say that the forecast for Atlanta the first weekend of April are for 'Sunny days.'
- The Dallas/WWE fans definitely came to see Stone Cold Steve Austin. Although Austin did not have that much to say nor did he overstay his welcome by any stretch, Austin stole the show Monday night and seemed to be having a great time interacting with the fans and even the cameramen. Austin's fans long ago made a strong emotional bond with the Texas Rattlesnake that will seemingly last forever. @steveaustinBSR, on Twitter, can still command an audience as good as any WWE performer today or any previous generation.
- Michael Cole had the tables turned on him with Austin becoming the special referee for Cole's WM27 match w/ Jerry Lawler. It will be interesting to see how 'Cole sore' reacts this Friday night on Smackdown and again next Monday from St. Louis on Raw. Cole draws as much villain angst as anyone on the Raw roster and his match with the King is one of the most talked about bouts that we will see in Atlanta. I think that Lawler ought to make Cole wear a diaper when, not if, the King gets his hand raised at Jerry's first ever Wrestlemania match.