Thursday 10 February 2011

Big Show Interview Highlights

Big Show is one World Wrestling Entertainment superstar who couldn’t be happier to have WrestleMania 28 in Miami next year.




The Miami (Pinecrest) resident, real name Paul Wight, looks forward to having the biggest spectacle in sports entertainment in his backyard.



“I live here, and I have become part of the community,” said the 7-0, 500-pound superstar. “To know how much WreslteMania weekend is going to impact the local community with the influx of money going into the economy with hotels, transportation services, food and all the people who will come here to experience this rich culture and everything WrestleMania has to offer is amazing. My main thing is it’s going to be a short drive to work for me.”



Big Show made a surprise appearance at the press conference for the big “Mania in Miami” announcement on Wednesday afternoon at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.



The 305 brings something unique to the table for WrestleMania, WWE and its universe.



“The flavor of Miami, with the salsa, the music, the food,” Show said. “You can’t even compare Miami to anywhere else. Miami is not New York. Miami is not Los Angeles. Miami is Miami.”



The big event will emanate from the Miami Dolphins house at Sun Life Stadium on April 1, 2012. The fun-loving WWE superstar is already planning to make a big entrance.



“WrestleMania is too big to put under a roof I think,” he said..



“I think with WrestleMania, we have it outside. We have it open. I think maybe I can talk to our troops and see if I can get parachuted in off a C-130. Maybe I’ll do that.”



When the story broke on the Miami Herald website, fans had already begun predicting Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s induction in the WWE Hall of Fame. Show thinks the University of Miami alum would make a great inductee, if it happens.



“You look at the impact The Rock had on our industry from the short time he has been in the business to the megastar he is today. I think if anyone deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, I’m sure The Rock does,” Show said.



“That is a guy who is legendary and deserves every bit of his success. Plus, Dwayne Johnson is one of the finest and nicest people I met in my life. There are a lot of guys that you meet in this business. There are people you don’t like and people you do like.



“I have incredible respect for Dwayne and his entire family. I respect the man and the character he has. He’s awesome.”



Kevin Nash is someone else Show respects. The two have a history dating to their World Championship Wrestling days. Nash recently made an appearance at the Royal Rumble under his Diesel persona.



The two big men eyed each other.



“I learned a lot from him, when I was in the nWo (new World order),” said Show. “When I was a greenhorn, he helped me out a lot. I’m a little bit more of a seasoned veteran now, so if he wants to dance one more time as a partner or opponent, I’ll shake his hand in the middle of the ring, and we will lock horns. I have no problem with that what so ever.”



Right now Show is concentrating on the future. WrestleMania 27 on April 3 from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta has not even occurred, but the veteran has already started planning for WrestleMania 28 in 2012.



“I’m trying to recover from the Royal Rumble,” Show said. “We’ll see what’s going on at the Elimination Chamber and see how I fit into this year’s WrestleMania.



“I’m excited about WrestleMania in Atlanta, but for me, personally, I’m already focusing on Miami 2012. I’m going to look to be defending a championship or winning a championship in the main event.”







Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/09/2059092/big-show-right-at-home-for-wwe.html##ixzz1DYZrQABE

No comments: