Saturday 9 July 2011

new Jim Ross Blog

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with another new blog over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:




- Why are there no viable factions? Factions were awesome in preceding generations because there were more recognizable stars who could be cast as members of various factions. Replicating successful factions today can be accomplished, in theory, but not nearly as easily as it was when, say, the Horsemen, were formed. Plus, for factions to be successful they have to have success in the ring over an extended length of time and cannot be overstocked with members.



- Will Hulk Hogan ever return to WWE? I have no idea. I assume any thing is possible. I can't see Hogan returning to wrestle multiple matches in WWE due to his health issues but regarding this talent and his future I simply don't know and nothing would surprise me.



- Why are there not more 'top talent' surprises appearing on WWE TV and challenging WWE's incumbent top guys. Ever heard of contracts? Legal issues prevent talents from jumping from one brand to another PLUS who's out there that would make a massive impact if they just showed up live on RAW unannounced?



- Is CM Punk leaving WWE? I'm not involved in this matter whatsoever but from what I've read and what WWE has publically stated, Punk vs. Cena at the MITB PPV in Chicago, Punk's hometown, will be CM Punk's last, foreseeable bout in WWE....win, lose, or draw. As an outsider looking in, I'd say Punk will finish up Sunday July 17 as WWE has stated.

No comments: