Saturday 16 July 2011

CM Punk Talks Steve Austin

While the chances of this happening are very slim, people close to CM Punk have said that Punk still has his heart set on a match with retired WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. The potential feud was featured as a “dream feud” in WWE’s recent “All Stars” video game – and they both engaged in a war of words on Twitter hypothesizing what would happen if they ever stepped in the ring together.




During a recent interview with GQ.com, Punk was asked about his recent “shoot” promo on RAW – and whether him wearing a Steve Austin t-shirt while giving the promo was a sign of things to come. Punk told GQ – saying a program with Steve Austin “writes itself” and is says he “absolutely” wants it to happen:



“I do a lot of weird little things like that because people talk about it. I don’t think it’s any secret; I think the biggest match any wrestling company can do right now is C.M. Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. I’ve thought that since I was 15. I’m straight edge. I don’t drink. I don’t do drugs. I don’t smoke. And that is the perfect protagonist or antagonist to Stone Cold Steve Austin, depending on how you want to spin it. It writes itself. You would have to try really, really hard to f*** that one up. The idea of being on television is to wear your T-shirt so people see it and maybe buy it. I had gone out previously in the night and wrestled. You throw your T-shirt on the ground, and I don’t know what the hell happens to it after that. I came to the back, and I was looking for another T-shirt. I sent somebody to go and get one, and they came back with a XXL. I was like, “I’m going to be swimming in this thing.” And it’s always creepy when you’re wearing wrestling trunks with a shirt because it doesn’t look like you’re wearing any pants. I had a Stone Cold Steve Austin shirt in my bag, and it fit me. I chuckled to myself and put it on. Am I planting seeds? I don’t know. I can’t guarantee to anybody that that match is going to happen. Do I want it to happen? Absolutely.”

No comments: