Saturday 6 August 2011

WWE Melina pre-roster cut interview highlights

WWE Diva Melina spoke with Slam Wrestling this past week. Here are some highlights:




Fans thinking she has lost her push:



"That's just the way it goes. Nothing goes smoothly all the time in life, nothing's always perfect in any career. In this business, everybody's going to get their shot; I can't always get mine. And I accept that. It's not that I'm being punished. It's just the way it goes. My fans may want me to get more time, to get more of a push, and I'm happy that they think that. I'm glad that they think that, because that means they still care. And one day it will happen, you've got to be patient."



Divas dealing with less time and getting credit:



"I trust there's a reason that we get the time we get, and that there's going to be a day that we get even more. But until then, we give everything that we can in our allotted time. I think there's an art to that, and I'm very proud of all the girls on the roster that we're able to do what we can in that amount of time. People don't always give the girls the credit that we deserve. I'm not saying that's within the company, because I know in our company people do know what we have to offer. But I think the 'smart' fans sometimes think that we're being held back because we're not talented -- but we are. I work with these girls every day, and I know what they have to offer.



It's so difficult. We have to look good with our costumes, our hair, and our makeup. And still be PG. But then we have so much more to prove, since because we're women, it's like people think we're not going to be good wrestlers, or they judge us. People don't realize how much more work we have to do to prove that we can hang, that we're here, that we deserve to be here."



Missing the role of being a manager:



"I miss it. It was a lot of fun. You can be a character behind it, and show little details. There's so much to be said for doing the little things, like showing a little facials, the way I react to my guy and what he's doing. I also miss cheating, doing stuff behind the ref's back. I like being a heel. Being a heel is fun, because there's so much fun you can have with the character. I get to act crazy, and basically be my alter-ego. When people are rude and mean to me, the person that I really am, I just say, 'Okay, let it go, and keep moving on with my day.' As a heel, I can take all those moments where I thought, 'I wish I could have said this to that person, or done that to this person' and put it into that character and act it out in the ring."

No comments: