Saturday 6 August 2011

New Jim Ross Blog Highlights

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:




- Do I hate Michael Cole? No. I really try to not be a 'hater' as I've worked with too many people in my life that were. They're no fun to be around. Cole is in a challenging spot trying to raise his game to the level of the antagonist Lawler, Cornette, Ventura, Heyman, JBL, and Bobby Heenan. I do know that our three man team will evolve on Raw nicely. Thsi has zero to do with some, like me by and large, who prefer a two man announce team. I'm not a big fan of the three man booth on Monday Night Football, BTW.



- Do I prefer reality based sports entertainment or the 'bigger than life' spectacle style of presentation? Reality based by far. Not big on eye rolling, "are you kidding me?" type presentations. The more believable and more plausible the better for me.



- Will JR and Michael Cole have a 'blow off match?' Good Lord, I hope not. Why continue to punish the audience? That ship has sailed plus after a 2nd abdominal surgery only a few weeks ago that's the last thing that I need to be doing. Here's a novel idea, how about more wrestlers getting in the mix?



- I'm looking forward to being in San Jose for Raw Monday night as the last Raw before a PPV is usually a strong effort. The success of Summer Slam largely rests on the shoulders of CM Punk and John Cena notwithstanding the Smackdown main event of Randy Orton vs. Christian for the World Title. I'm anxious to broadcast the longer bouts that are often featured on PPV. I don't know the announce team assignment for Summer Slam but I'll prepare like I'm going to do 'em all.

No comments: