Friday 20 May 2011

TNA Statement re: Randy Savage Death

The following was just posted on TNAWrestling.com:




TNA joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the passing of the legendary “Macho Man” Randy Savage



Savage was one of the most talented athletes to ever compete inside a wrestling ring. He truly transcended professional wrestling, becoming one of the true “icons” of our sport. Millions of wrestling fans grew up watching Savage battle other legends such as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and many more.



Savage appeared with TNA during our 2004 “Victory Road” and “Turning Point” events – memorable moments that we hope wrestling fans will never forget.



TNA hopes all of our fans remember Randy Savage’s amazing life and career, and how he helped shape the sport as we know it today.



Hulk Hogan via his Twitter account @HulkHogan4Real

“I’m completely devastated, after over 10 years of not talking with Randy, we finally started to talk and communicate. He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he’s happy and in a better place and we miss him. We miss him a lot. I feel horrible about the ten years of having no communication. This was a tough one. I just pray that Randy’s happy and in a better place and we miss him.”



TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett via his Twitter @JeffJarrettTNA

“Just got a call with the news. RIP Randy. I met him when I was 11yrs old. He would always teach, correct, encourage, and compliment as my career progressed. I have NEVER forgotten the intricacies and attention to detail he taught me over the years. Randy always had a method to his madness. Randy is gone, but will never be forgotten. Thoughts and prayers are w the entire Poffo family.”

No comments: