Sunday 29 May 2011

New Jim Ross Blog

Jim Ross posted a brand new blog on his website commenting on Brock Lesnar’s book, “Macho Man” Randy Savage” and more. Here are some highlights:




Roundtable: “BTW and speaking of legends, we are preparing to shoot two more Legends Roundtables in a week or so. Not sure of the complete panel, I think that Michael Hayes, JJ Dillon and myself are 3 of the 4, or the topics. It’s one of my favorite things to do especially now that I’m not on the air weekly. Love the atmosphere and the honesty of the panel and am anxious to hear of the subjects, panelists and air dates which are all TBD.”



Randy Savage’s Influences: “Tweeter follower asked me where I thought Randy Savage got the majority of his in ring influences. Savage was very individualistic but I’ve always been of the mindset that his costumes and music were somewhat influenced by WWE HOF’er Gorgeous George. Randy was amazingly intense, virtually 24/7, and brought natural athleticism to the squared circle. We never always agreed on a variety of professional matters and had our share of disagreements but never once did i not respect his in ring ability and the fact that he was one of the biggest , pro wrestling stars of all time.”



Lesnar Autobiography: “Anxiously awaiting my copy of the Brock Lesnar/Paul Heyman book ‘Death Clutch’ and somewhat curious to see how yours truly is depicted by Brock after a less than celebratory departing from WWE while I was an executive w/ the company.”



Writers: “Emailer…Why on Earth would you really want to be a ‘wrestling writer?’ As John McEnroe once screamed to a tennis official, “You CAN’T be serious!” I’m not one to throw water on anyone’s dreams but the life of a ‘wrestling writer’ is often times thankless, tireless, and massively over scrutinized. I know that I couldn’t handle it in today’s marketplace.”

No comments: