Friday 8 April 2011

Steve Austin talks to WWE.com

- WWE.com has a new interview up with Steve Austin to promote the All Stars video game. Here are some highlights:




WWE.com: One of the most interesting features in WWE All Stars is the “Fantasy Warfare” mode, which pits your character against CM Punk. Is that a rivalry you wish you could’ve had in real life?



AUSTIN: Damn right it is. CM Punk is one of my favorite WWE Superstars right now. I like what he brings to the ring, I like his mental game. I think a rivalry between “Stone Cold” and CM Punk would have been a hell of a spectacle and a lot of entertainment.



WWE.com: It’s been about eight years since you retired from active competition. Is there a Superstar who is carrying on your legacy today?



AUSTIN: You know, the closest comparison you could make would be Randy Orton, but, man, when someone wants to make comparisons to me, it’s just like making a comparison to Michael Jordan. For a period of time, I was the hottest person on two feet that had ever been in the business. I set all kinds of records from attendance to merchandise to ratings records. When someone can beat that, then I’ll say, "Yep, they beat me." But no one’s done that.

No comments: