Friday 15 April 2011

Eric Bischoff Recent Interview

TNA’s Eric Bischoff was one of the featured guests on this week’s live edition of the award-winning Monday Night Mayhem. You can listen to an MP3 of Eric Bischoff’s appearance on the show by clicking here.




Questions were taken via Eric’s official Facebook page (Facebook.com/TheEricBischoff), along with The Mayhem Line (877.666.2110).



Interview highlights courtesy of The Mayhem’s official correspondent, Paterson from New Jersey:



What Jeff Hardy could effectively give back to TNA if a return to the company facilitates itself & his reaction to the closing moments of the Victory Road Pay-Per-View:



“I’m the wrong person to ask that question of, and I shouldn’t be. I can’t understand why I feel the way I feel, therefore I certainly can’t explain it. I’m still angry at Jeff Hardy, so it’s hard for me to discuss what I think he could do or should do, because until I quit being angry at him and about the situation, whatever would come out of my mouth would probably be counterproductive.”



How the TNA return of “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels came to fruition & why he was “very happy when he came back”:



“I don’t really want to go into the behind the scenes of it. I was impressed with Chris when I first came to TNA. I was surprised when he left the company, but I understand it was business. There were changes, and decisions, and moves that had to be made, but I also knew that everyone in TNA fully expected to have Chris back at some point. I was very happy when he came back. He’s a good athlete, he’s a good character, and I’m interested to see how that character evolves as the weeks & months go by.”



His opinion of the wrestling promotion that used the Scott Hall incident from last weekend to promote their Internet Pay-Per-View:



“I’m not gonna judge them. I wasn’t there, I don’t know what led up to it, I don’t know what kind of shape Scott was in before he went out. Was he stumbling around backstage for 2 to 3 hours? Was it obvious that he was in that shape? Did he show up two minutes before he had to go out and they had to scramble? I don’t know because I wasn’t there. I’m not going to pass judgment on them for letting him go out. I came across the video, and my wife & I watched it together, and it was very sad. I wasn’t angry at the promoters for showing it & recording it. I was just sad for Scott.”



His reaction to the WWE’s decision to re-brand its company, eliminating the word “wrestling” from its name:



“I think it’s kind of odd to be honest with you. I understand from a marketing point of view the pressure that he’s under. Professional wrestling is & has always been a tough sell in the advertising community & mainstream television community, simply because it doesn’t fit into a particular niche. That’s always been a challenge in our industry, but at the same time, it’s the thing that makes us unique, and it’s the one thing that makes wrestling fans as loyal as they are. To knowing alienate or turn your back to such a large passionate group of fans, I understand it but I don’t necessarily agree with that. Time will tell if Vince made a right decision or if this will be another XFL moment.”

No comments: