Tuesday 30 November 2010

Lex Luger Talks WWE and His Future


Lex Luger: I'd like to see how I'd have matched up to Triple H

By Phil Allely


It's been more than 15 years since Lex Luger (Larry Pfohl) set foot in a WWE ring, but that is about to change (in a way) when the legendary Superstar makes his video game debut as a playable character through the latest downloadable content package on the upcoming Raw V Smackdown game.

In a recent chat with WWE.com the former WCW World champion, WWE superstar and co-winner of the 1994 Royal Rumble talked openly about his in-game character, his dream opponent and the legacy of Lex Luger. Here are a few snippets from that chat.

Although he had no input into the games design Luger's ikeness will appear in the upconing game and be a fully playable add-on that can be downloaded.

Lex Luger: I totally trusted THQ on that, but I just got a sneak peek preview and the realism is just incredible.

Luger's previous agame appearance for the WWE was in 1995's WrestlemaniaThe Arcade Game, a programme that now appears very dated indeed.

Luger: Oh yeah, it’s like night and day. I mean not just the technology, but the manoeuvers and the different matches and all the alliances you can get involved in. The variety of choices they have now just blows me away.

Lex was best known in the WWE for his All american character, but does he conisder it a high point or not.

Luger: As far as the highlights of my career, slamming Yokozuna was just phenomenal. Everyone who goes on YouTube or Googles me, they always say, ‘I saw that thing where you slammed that gigantic guy!’ It really was an incredible experience.

The British Bulldog and lex formed a formidable tag team during that era. That team also feature in this new game content?

Luger: The Allied Powers are back! Isn’t that cool? That’s part of the fun of this game. You’re able to put teams together and get us involved with today’s current Superstars. You can have really classic matchups.

having retired in 2001. Lex was asked if there a dream match you never had in your career that you wish you had.

Luger: I guess it would be against some of today’s Superstars. I'd like to see how I’d match up against John Cena or Triple H or Randy Orton.

He then explained how The Total Package would fare in a brawl with powerhouses like Kane or Sheamus?

Luger: I like to think I’d hold up pretty well. The athletes are more athletic and the maneuvers are so spectacular, but I’d still have a basic ground attack. I’d have to stick with that, but sometimes simplicity is best.

Luger: People tell me that back in the day they loved to see me because once I got them in the Torture Rack the match was over. You don’t kick out of the Torture Rack, buddy.

You suffered a spinal stroke a few years back and have been recovering slowly from that. How have you been feeling since then?

Luger: Thank you for asking. I'm getting more strength and endurance back. I'm able to do more things from my spinal cord injury, which I'm very thankful about. I still continue motivational speaking with guys like The Million Dollar Man. And I have a business called Total Package Fitness out here in Atlanta. We do wellness consultation, exercise, nutrition and supplementation. That’s what I always loved doing

No comments: